After providing all the required documents and going through the whole process you have received your chime debit card. You are all excited to use it the first time but when you try to use the card it doesn’t work because it is not activated. The next question you ask yourselves is “How do I know if my chime card is activated?”
How to activate my Chime debit card?
Do not worry we are here to give the answer to all of your questions. Ordering a Chime debit card is totally free and if you use it for withdrawing your money using an ATM also does not attract any charges.
In this article, we will guide you on how to activate your chime card online?
You need to follow the steps provided to activate your chime debit card:
- Go to your Chime account on your smartphone.
- You have to click on the “Card Status” button on the top side of the home screen
- Now select the option “Activate Card” on your phone
- Follow the instructions coming up on your screen. You might be asked for your card details such as the 16 digit debit card number which you want to activate, CVV code, and expiration date.
- You might have to provide some of your personal information for verification purposes.
- Follow the steps and your chime debit card will be activated in no time.
In addition to the mobile application, you can also activate your chime debit card by calling the Chime customer service number. For this please follow the steps mentioned below.
- You need to call the Chime customer service number
- They might ask you for some of your personal information like your Social Security Number, Your chime debit card details, and maybe some other valuable information that can help verify your identity. Keep them handy.
- You need to simply follow the instructions the Chime customer service executive is asking you to follow.
How to put money in a Chime debit card through the app?
Now the card is active but it does not have any money to spend. The money you put in your Chime application can be debited using your chime debit card.
If you want to know how to put money through a store?
More than 60,000 retailers support Chime debit cards all across America and you can visit any nearby store and they can load the money in your card in exchange for cash but they might charge you a small amount of money for adding money to your card.
We have talked about how to activate your chime debit card and how to load money in that, but what if you have lost your Chime Debit card? We will guide you on how to request a replacement for a brand new chime debit card.
- Login to the Chime application on your smartphone.
- Go to settings from your home screen.
- There is an option of “Replace my Card”, select that and follow the instructions coming up on your screen.
- Your replacement chime debit card will be delivered within a week.
- You have to go through the activation process one more time for the new card as well. Follow the instructions mentioned above.
You can also contact Chime customer support at [email protected] in case your card is stolen or lost. It can also be blocked temporarily in the Chime application itself on your phone or by visiting their website and logging in to your account. For this, you need to go to settings first and then select the option that says Chime Card Transactions.
You can also order a replacement card by emailing the customer service department as well at [email protected]
Activating your chime debit card, loading money in it, and getting a replacement card, all are very easy steps to follow. But if you still face any problems in performing the steps mentioned above, you can always contact our Chime Customer Service phone number to get in touch with one of our professional and get things done for you.